Last Modified: Sep 1, 2017
1. Information We collect
1) Information you directly provide us
- - Your username, password, an email address we can contact you at, a phone number, and your name. We do not require that you provide us with your user profile (e.g., Real name, picture).
- - Your activity and the messages you send and receive through our Services. For example, we collect information such as the time, date, sender, recipient of a message, the number of messages you exchange with your friends, which friends you exchange messages with the most, and your interactions with messages (such as when you open a message or capture a screenshot).
2) Information you provide us when you use our services
- - Usage Information. We collect information about your activity and the messages you send and receive through our Services. For example, we collect information such as the time, date, sender, recipient of a message, the number of messages you exchange with your friends, which friends you exchange messages with the most, and your interactions with messages (such as when you open a message or capture a screenshot). We may collect that same basic information when you use messagecash, along with the dollar amounts sent and received.
- - Device Information. We collect information about your device, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers (including MAC address and IMEI), browser type and language, mobile device phone number, and mobile network information. We also collect certain device information that will help us diagnose problems in the (hopefully rare) event you experience any crash or other problem while using our Services. So, for example, if we detect a crash or other problematic event, we may collect the list of apps on your device and other information about your device’s performance at the time of the event for troubleshooting purposes.
- - Camera and Photos. Many of our services require us to collect images and other information from your device’s camera and photos. We’ll access your camera and photos only after you give us your consent..
- - Location Information. When you use our services we may collect information about your location. With your consent, we may also collect information about your precise location using methods that include GPS, wireless networks, cell towers, Wi-Fi access points, and other sensors, such as gyroscopes, accelerometers, and compasses.
3) Analytics information. We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We collect and use this analytics information with analytics information from other users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual User.
2. Information We Collect From Other Sources
If another user allows us to collect information from his or her device phonebook and you’re one of that user’s contacts we may combine the information we collect from that user’s phonebook with other information we have collected about you. We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with the information we collect through SNOW.
3. How We Store Your Information
1) Your account information (e.g., email address, password, and phone number) will be encrypted as soon as you register for the Service, and we store and process such encrypted information in the United States or any other country in which we maintain facilities.
- - We will use commercially reasonable safeguards and take reasonable steps to keep the information encrypted at all times, so that the information will not be decrypted and accessible.
2) You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to the service at all times as we are not able to decrypt and access your encrypted account information.
4. How We Use Information
We provide you with an amazing set of Services that we improve with the information we collect. But we do a lot more as well, such as:
- - Provide and deliver the products, services, and functionality that you request, process transactions, and send you related information;
- - Communicate with you. That means just what it says; we may send you marketing communications on behalf of us or other companies; respond to your comments and questions; provide customer service; and send you technical notices, security alerts, and other informational messages;
- - Monitor and analyze trends and usage;
- - Develop, improve, and refine products, services, and functionality;
- - Personalize the Services by providing advertisements, content, or features that match user profiles or interests. For instance, when you set up an account we may pre-populate certain account information based on the information we collect about you from other users;
- - Verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity; and
- - Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
5. How We Share Information
Here’s the type of information we may share about you with others and how we do so:
- - When you send a message, your recipients will see your name and, of course, whatever your message says or shows (whether that’s a photo, video, text, or transaction). When you view content that another SNOW user has sent you, we will let the sender know that you saw it, and if we detect that you captured a screenshot of the message, we will try to let the sender know that. But you’re always able to tell us whether you’d like to receive messages only from users you have added to your friends list or whether you’d prefer to receive messages from all SNOW users. We let you do that as well through various settings.
- - When you let us access your device phonebook, we may share information about you with other users who have your phone number in their device phonebook. For instance, when you use Find Friends, we may share your username and name with other users who use Find Friends and have your phone number in their device phonebook. In these cases, we will not display your phone number to these users, but we will share the fact that your username and name are associated with your phone number.
- - When other users view your profile, they will be able to view profile information, including your username and name.
- - We may share information about you with service providers who perform services on our behalf.
- - With respect to jointly offered Services or functionality or services offered separately by other companies through our Services, we may share information about you with business partners to provide the Services and functionality you request and to communicate with you about those Services;
- - We may share information about you in response to legal process or a request for information if we believe disclosure is consistent with, or required by, any applicable law, rule, or regulation; to investigate or remedy potential violations of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of us, our users, or others; or in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you. Here’s just one example of how this could work: Because it’s not always clear whether a new friend request comes from someone you actually know, we may share whether you and the requestor have SNOW friends in common without disclosing the usernames of those common friends.
The Services may also contain third-party links or be a co-branded or third-party-branded Service that’s being provided jointly with or by another company. By going to those links or by using a co-branded or third-party-branded Service, you may be providing personal information directly to the third party, us, or both. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for how those third parties collect or use your information. As always, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of every third-party website or service that you visit or use, including those third parties you interact with through our Services.
6. Children’s Privacy
SNOW respect the privacy of children under the terms of COPPA. We do not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Service. The Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us via this Contact Form.